Resident and Non-Resident Alien Tax Services

non-resident alien tax servicesInternational tax requirements can be confusing for the average person, but we'll explain the tax laws in terms you can understand and offer the international tax preparation services you need. Our CPAs guide non-resident and resident aliens through international tax planning and make the process easy.

The first step is determining your residency status. This is critical to establishing how you will be taxed and what treaty benefits you’re entitled to. If you meet the substantial presence test, you will be considered a resident alien for tax purposes and have the same reporting requirements as a U.S. citizen and green card holder. This means you'll have to file a U.S. resident income tax return (Form 1040). Resident aliens, like U.S. citizens, are taxed on worldwide income, but foreign source income may be eligible for a foreign tax credit and you may also be able to claim foreign deductions. On the other hand, non-resident aliens are taxed only on U.S. source income.

Delerme CPA can assist you with all your international tax needs. Our CPAs are dedicated to helping clients with the following international tax services.

Tax services for non-resident aliens and foreign nationals:

  • Tax return preparation for resident and non-resident aliens
  • Assistance obtaining International Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINS)
  • Compensation relocation consulting
  • Pre-immigration tax planning
  • Estate and gift tax planning
  • Foreign bank disclosure assistance (FBAR)
  • Business tax returns

Call 404-445-8095 today to speak  with us about your tax needs. We work resident and non-resident aliens to ensure compliance with U.S. taxes.